Looking Back at 2014, Forward to 2015
The year 2014 has been extremely eventful for Uptown Bay City. We are thankful to our community, who has embraced us, both in Bay City and the Great Lakes Bay Region. We are also extremely grateful to those who have already decided to live, work and play here at Uptown. Their commitment and belief in Uptown Bay City has ensured success for our neighborhood for many years to come.
While 2014 was very busy for us, 2015 will be even more momentous. Here are some of the highlights from 2014, and what to look forward to in 2015:
May 29: Water from the Saginaw River poured into the Uptown Day Docks, which will be available for use next spring.
August 4: More than 300 Dow Corning employees began working in their new state-of-the-art facility at Uptown.
August 4: A Bay Metro bus route connecting Uptown Bay City to downtown Bay City during lunchtime hours started its route.
September 29: Chemical Bank officially opened their new Uptown location.
September 29: Dow Corning announced a $50,000 sponsorship for the 2016 Tall Ship Celebration during the ceremony at Uptown Bay City.
November 22: The Fix coffee shop held its grand opening.
November 26: Uptown Bay City welcomed our first condo resident to 9 East Main.
November 28: Uptown Grill opened to the public for breakfast and lunch.
- Don Angelos Aveda Lifestyle Salon opens for business.
- Uptown Brownstones become available for residential lease.
- The Real Seafood Company holds its grand opening.
- The groundbreaking takes place for McLaren Bay Region’s Uptown Bay City offices.
- A Courtyard by Marriott hotel opens its doors to guests.
- The final piece of riverwalk connecting Uptown Bay City to downtown Bay City becomes accessible.
- Building Four opens, which will hold retail, restaurant and commercial office tenants on the riverfront.
As you can see, 2015 will be a momentous year for us at Uptown Bay City. It could also be a momentous year for you. Whether you’re looking to start a new business or open a new location; if your space needs are 1,000 sq. ft. or 15,000 sq. ft.; or if your company markets to consumers or businesses, Uptown Bay City has your perfect office space – to purchase, lease and build-to-suit. Read More